All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 am 

I always liked the sound quality of brodcast processors such as ORBAN based products. ive been working for some years without owning any orban equipment on replicating the sound in S.T. this is impossible if you dont know the audio chain of the particilar product like the OPTIMODS. The manual, researcing other optimod products, listening to radio stations and videos that use OPTIMOD's allowed me to get an understanding of how the audio should sound. i made a preset some time ago replicating the classical 5B+AGC preset but the new preset is similar and is WAY better quality than my older presets.

The audio chain in S.T consists of the phase delay as the phase rotator, currently switched off but can be switched on, the AGC in single band mode (will be switched to 2 band if stereotool gets an update fixing the band linking of the 2 bands, multiband1 adjusted as a 5 band compressor, multiband2 as a peak limiter, bass clipper and the final clipper. because the processing structure, timings and diffrent leveling features of both the optimod and S.T is rather diffrent, i experimented for a very long time until i got the sound i was after.

my preset which ill provide an FM version, a non FM version and a stream version. the stream format uses the singleband compressor as a peak limiter. my preset was based on ABC CLASSIC FM Australia, they use an OPTIMOD 8500 and the audio quality is extreamly smooth when it comes to spectral ballance.

and, if anyone owns an OPTIMOD 8500 and up, can you please sugest any changes to make this preset to sound better? thanks

Attachments:
OPTIMOD 8500 General preset stream.sts [161.38 KiB]
Downloaded 158 times
OPTIMOD 8500 General preset FM.sts [161.36 KiB]
Downloaded 151 times
OPTIMOD 8500 General preset.sts [161.36 KiB]
Downloaded 156 times