All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 pm 

So here we go
As always DJ-DOGGY Style only from "FM Transmitter" panel adjust the volume from 0 to 1 ( in this case it`s not recommended to adjust it , leave it to 1.000 ) I make it easy. So adjust only sound card master volume to your modulator sensitivity (if you have receiver with VU meter - adjustment will be easy ) . Thats It . Don`t forget about 192Khz sample rate sound card for Stereo coding and RDS system ( select it from "FM transmitter" panel . Enjoy the nice and loud and 0db balanced sound for FM radio . Test with MPXTool if you need to and you wil see the FM broadcasting sound.

Some little corrections..

Attachments:
File comment: Truth is here
DJ-DOGGY LOUD 2.rar [2.2 KiB]
Downloaded 488 times

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 am 

Not so bad, but...

- Distortion in AGC from "remove remaining peeks" - 105% too low for that fast up speed,
- What is with AGC gate settings? Most of time it's not working,
- Input (PreAmp) - too low (especially with this AGC Gate settings),
- "Stereo boost" little too much - but that's more user taste,,
- Trance music? - It's not mistake to put lowpass at at least 15800
- Composite Limiter - at least at 101-102% (currently peeks are not over 98-99% at mpx so clipper will make it good at ~100%),
- Normal output = Disable
- TA/TP - Don't provide it with ON!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 am 

Well....
That`s all because you don`t know what hapens when you receive from big distance the station in air ... if modulation goes above 100% ( i wrote that from master sound card volume you can adjust the deviation to receiver and no more "hlip" in HIGH`s ... ) .Here in Bulgaria almost no one can handle this especially fully analog compressors/limiters .If in compressor/limiter is present some CPU , this is handled because CPU is the most accurate device. So thatswhy this present is in that way. I can release the deviation but for the big big part of receivers is hard to survive like they say :) ... i test it for weeks on large amount of receivers . But look 99%-100% ... what is the difference to 102-103% ... in receiver this is not even noticeable. the deviation is function of HIGH frequency ( in this case 13 to 15 Khz for broadcast) level. If you wish turn OFF hard limit.. for more deviation but it goes to more then 120% So .. not recomended.
Ok for the preamp - Pramp is at good level because the target level in the AGC panel is -7.00db and +7.00 from preamp that is dinamic range of 14db ...... enough for different range of music .. from -14 RMS to 0RMS .... that`s very enough tested with old records where the RMS level is -9db .... from vinyl too ....
Gating Not work ??? i think that for the speed works fine because iff you set it to +10db gate or more the red bar goes at almost high and thats it... looks not good explanation from Your side about my gating level. may be a little more ... to +7 db not more. Look at clipping for the two bands when dinamic song is presented , they are at almost nothing( only for below 200Hz AGC band wneh bass stops and came back but this is normal , that shows that the gating is good . And one more .. when song plays the level for below 200Hz and other band above 200Hz are at even levels separately (look at that) not up down up down when bass kicks , thatswhy is the RMS level measure (NOT peak Level ) Hans is made it just right after my explanation .And for transmitting is the right method too .
For normal output =disable and TA/TP ... it`s for my tests .. you can disable that options or set at your wish.no problem.
But please For the AGC I`m the guy that post Vlevel and tells Hans how to work a (prelimiter) is not the right word but just AGC. Everything with this pannel is more then right now especially for broadcasting. And all this thanks to Hans.
Every thing is from receiver .. We must defer (consider) mainly with it . Fate :)
And final words : everything is TESTED for middle class receiver . for the HI classes receivers this explanations will be probably good ( I think that 110% modulation is OK for this type HI class receiver) .. but........ we have to defer like i said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm 

I just wanted to help and point to some things. But you're all get it wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 am 

Bojcha ... hope this time you are satisfied ...