All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:23 am 

Hi, I'm a free user looking to improve their WinAmp experience, any .sts friendly to my limited settings and my music tastes? Absolutely adore the sound improvements on the prettier bits of my favorite songs, but can't help but notice the aggression and heaviness being neutered at the same time.

Any tips?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 pm 

Metal is long lived enough that the sound varies wildly from band to album to song. Even with things produced nowadays. It's a hard one to nail down using a single preset.

Try the TrueBass (subharmonics detector/generator), Absolute Highs (rebuilds the very top end of the spectrum), and the HF Gain on the Equalizer modules raised a bit. This should enhance the heaviness and top end brilliance making it sound a little more aggressive.

However I gotta recommend the Declipper/Natural Dynamics paid modules. They're absolutely worth it, especially on songs with bad kicks or snares (Declipper). The added punch makes the music also feel more aggressive (Natural Dynamics).

edit: Okay I threw one together with the settings I mentioned. Hope this works. Turn up your speakers if it's a little soft. If there's too much sub bass, turn down the TrueBass on the left side of the main processing window.

Attachments:
File comment: Adjusted clippers. Should allow +12db TrueBass if extra sub bass is necessary. (accidentally uploaded paid version again XD)
TyFree-0.0.17.sts [108 KiB]
Downloaded 355 times
File comment: Accidentally uploaded the paid version. here's the free one
TyFree-0.0.7.sts [107.4 KiB]
Downloaded 331 times

Last edited by MrKlorox on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 am 

Sounds nice! Thank you! I can't afford those extras, so I'll live with this for now :)

I appreciate it!