All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Paradise Vibes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 am 

Here's my latest preset, you'll need ST v9.35 & have everything licensed.

I was aiming for a retro sound with a clarity you couldn't have achieved in the 80's.

It's designed with a Classic Hits format in mind, but Oldies & CHR still sound good with it.

It's a warm sound with a powerful bass, I've tried to get it reasonably loud but still with plenty of dynamic range.

I'm not going to claim it sounds like an Optimod, because it wasn't planned to be, but it may have a bit of an Optimod sound in it, anyway have a listen & decide for yourself.

Hope you like it, & let me know your thoughts or if you find anything wrong with it?

Attachments:
Glenn Pritchard - Paradise Vibes.sts [147.93 KiB]
Downloaded 386 times

Post subject: Re: Paradise Vibes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 am 

With further testing I've found that V1 can be a little boomy at times, especially if you have a sub woofer, so I've done some minor adjustments to the bass clipper settings & I think I have it much better balanced now.
The Stokkemask filter was using too much CPU on my system & I don't need it, so I've turned that off as well, if you require it, just turn it back on, but make sure you have plenty of CPU power.

I think V2 & V3 are much better, if you liked V1, I think you'll like V2 or V3 more.

UPDATE: I've abandoned Paradise Vibes, I just couldn't get it sounding right to my liking.

As a base, I've created a new preset (coming soon), I'll leave these here though, as they may be just the sound you've been looking for?

Attachments:
Glenn Pritchard - Paradise Vibes V3.sts [164.37 KiB]
Downloaded 387 times
Glenn Pritchard - Paradise Vibes V2.sts [164.37 KiB]
Downloaded 330 times