All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:06 pm 

I am intrested in a preset to process and limit audio for FM, without affecting dynamics and without any pumping or distortion. most of the included presets affect the audio in a way that makes it sound rubbish compared to the unprocessed audio. the AGC, Equalisers and Clippers only add up to the problem and i am trying to avoid it if possible. Multiband/Singleband compressors and limiters should be used instead. Trobule is that there is almost a million adjustments and i cant get anyware near the processing and the sound quality i am after. can someone, especialy one who has experience in audio processing offer some presets please or at least help me?

Last edited by ali6359 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:49 am 

After spending so much time (almost 12 months) finding out what each processing feature of S.T does and also reading manuals from various digital audio processors, especialy the T.C electronic DBMAX and various OPTIMOD's, ive made myself a preset. This preset is used for limiting audio for FM transmittion. Only 3 S.T features are used in the preset; AGC, Multiband compressor (5 band), to control audio levels and the second multiband acting as a wideband limiter and a high frequency limiter, important for FM because Pre-Emphasis causes massive High frequency overshoots.

I tuned all of the adjustment carefully, to limit the audio and produce as little distortion as possible, but it may not be perfect. ive made this preset primarily for the processing of classical music. it can be used for any content and to END the loudness war for one and all. If i missed anything, feel free to ask, also feel free to readjust the preset to suit your tastes.

version 1,2 removed because of excessive distortion

UPDATE: V4 advalable. Got rid of the multiband compressor, used a 3 band AGC and now this time, multiband 1, in digital mode is acting as the master and HF limiter (2 band). found out the audio quality is much better than the previous vertions.

Attachments:
limiting processor v4.sts [140.32 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times
limiting processor V3.sts [139.78 KiB]
Downloaded 7 times

Last edited by ali6359 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:08 am, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ST preset
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm 

Quote:
I am intrested in a preset to process and limit audio for FM, without affecting dynamics and without any pumping or distortion.
This yours settings is totaly opposite.

Post subject: Re: ST preset
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I am intrested in a preset to process and limit audio for FM, without affecting dynamics and without any pumping or distortion.
This yours settings is totaly opposite.
ive made a few updates. how do they sound?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am 

UPDATE 18/12/18: V5. AGC, multiband 1 acting as a 5 band compressor AND limiter and multiband 2 as a wideband and an HF limiter.

Attachments:
limiting processor V5.sts [139.8 KiB]
Downloaded 12 times