All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:51 pm 

Quote:
Cool I'll add it to the supported hardware list.
Great, allso will be nice to add there my type of Sound card ( Realtek HD Audio - ALC883 ), with explanation how to conf. it, for people with similar cards to mine. Will be usefull, because in my country a lot of ppl have similar SoundCards to mine. ;)

And last - One friend of me wants to run your software(especially the RDS), but it doesnt work.. I've tryed numerous times, but nothin.. Hes useing same kind of transmitter like mine, Win Xp service pack 2(similar to mine) and Hes Sound Card is C-Media CMI 8738 PCI, but hes driver doesnt have a swich to 192khz like mine.. if you have any ideas how to I will be very glad to hear(read them). Thank you in advance, half

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Will do so (can I use your image for that?)

I've looked up the 8783 chip, and it seems to support frequencies up to either 48 or 96 kHz (the chip probably supports up to 96, whether a sound card using it also supports that I don't know - the specs only mention 48 kHz). To be able to broadcast RDS you need a 192 kHz sound card. So on this card (at least based on what I read) cannot be used to transmit RDS information.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:00 am 

Quote:
Will do so (can I use your image for that?)
Of course.
Quote:
I've looked up the 8783 chip, and it seems to support frequencies up to either 48 or 96 kHz (the chip probably supports up to 96, whether a sound card using it also supports that I don't know - the specs only mention 48 kHz). To be able to broadcast RDS you need a 192 kHz sound card. So on this card (at least based on what I read) cannot be used to transmit RDS information.
Yes, too bad for my friend, but I was allmost sure that its not capable to do the 192 khz, when i heard the horrible sound and the loud pilot tone that was moo-ing throe hes transmitter.. Thanks for confirming. He will have to buy a new Card. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:13 pm 

Hi Halfdead,

I noticed that you are using the Realtek 883, i'm having this chipset in my notebook and only have only front loudspeaker/ headphone output (selectable in config panel). Now the stereo/RDS doesn't work at me. Can you check at your site if you get the stereo/RDS work at the front output of your audiocard? I assume you are using now the speakeroutput on the rear to get stereo/RDS to work? btw i have selected the 192000 option in windows vista!

In short: do you have on all outputs of your audiocard the stereo/RDS working!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:15 pm 

Hello, infodrive
Well Actually i Dont have front output on my pc. Its simply not wired to the mainboard.
One more thing i forgot to mention before is that to be able to transmit the RDS signal you also must DISABLE all on board equalizers and procesisngs. If you enable some of them, the RDS simply Stops to function.
You CAN use all kinds of music software like Winamp, Sam BC and their processors and equalisers without stopping the RDS. However I suggest you to use the ones from StereoTool.
Maybe hvz (Hans) can throw up a nice suggestion for you.

P.s. If you have only the default windows sound drivers, be sure to install also the ones from the cd of your mainboard (Laptop in your case).
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to post I will try to help..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:37 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! I have the realtek drivers installed and not any soundprocessors enabled in realtek config panel. Everything looks fine, i can choose the 16 bits, 192000 hz. When i put my scope on the output of the loudspeaker plug i can see the 19khz perfect but nothing more then that :) The 883 chip can handle the freq, because i can choose it. I have everyting working on another pc but that is with a different soundcard. I think the output on my laptop is somehow limited but why can i choose the 16 bits, 192000 hz option then? It should work!

btw are you dutch? want dan gaan we gewoon over op nl :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hoi Infodrive,

Gebruik je de stand-alone versie? Zo ja, heb je dan ook de input samplerate in Stereo Tool op 192000 staan? Als die laag staat (bijv. 44.1 kHz) kan het zijn dat Windows in de weg gaat zitten en alles downsampled. In dat geval raak je meestal alles boven 22 kHz kwijt.

Als je de Winamp plugin gebruikt: Als je 44.1 kHz audio afspeelt zal Stereo Tool dat 4x upsamplen - naar 176400 Hz. Da's niet hetzelfde als 192 kHz, de (drivers van de) kaarten die ik tot nu toe gezien heb converteren het zonder problemen (ook in Vista), maar het zou kunnen dat dit het probleem is. Om dit uit te sluiten: Download de stand alone versie, en probeer eens als samplerates 176400 en 192000. Als 192000 wel het juiste signaal geeft (je hebt blijkbaar een scope dus dat moet je kunnen zien) dan zal dat de oorzaak zijn.

(Mocht dat zo zijn, laat het dan svp. even weten dan zal ik nog een keertje een 176.4 naar 192 upsample stap maken).

Groeten,
Hans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:36 pm 

Hoi Hans,

Bedankt voor je reply. ik gebruik de trail versie van jouw Stereotool. Ik ga vanvond even kijken met een scoop op de uitgang van mijn laptop. Valt me wel op dat de buffers erg snel leeglopen in Stereotool. Het afspelen met Airomate lijkt spoepeler te verlopen, maar daar heb ik ook geen stereo, met alle instellingen op 192000 hz gezet in combinatie met VAC. Ik vermoedt dat de luidspreker uitgang van de laptop op een of andere manier begrenst wordt. Maar zoals ik al zei, waarom kan ik dan voor de 192000 hz kiezen? Leuk om dit even uit te zoeken!

Op mijn andere computer heb ik Airomate soepel lopen met VAC en de M-audio 7.1 geluidskaart, ook op deze pc heb ik de trail van Stereotool en ook hier erg snel leeglopen van de buffers. Maar stereo en rds werken wel, maar door het leeglopen van de buffers is het geen constant signaal.

Groetjes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Als de buffers snel leeglopen kan je processor het waarschijnlijk niet goed aan. Tip: Zet een deel van de processing uit (m.n. Loudness en de multiband compressor zijn best zwaar). Die heb je met Airomate ook niet...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm 

Hi Hans,

Ok, settings nogmaals gecontroleerd en de scoop op de uitgang gezet. Pilot signaal ziet er perfect uit, maar geen RDS en stereosignaal. Stereotool geeft netjes aan 192000 hz in status overview. Ik weet zeker dat het ergens aan de output van de 883 ligt. Alle effecten staan uit, uitgang is geschakeld als luidsprekers en niet als koptelefoon. Dit heb ik ook in Airomate, dus het ligt niet aan beide programma's. Wat voor nut heeft anders de instelling van 16 bit 192000 in control panel?

groetjes