All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: (Updated) Dumans HD v1.8
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:14 pm 

Dumans HD v0.1 -11LUFS

A first experimental try.

Notes
- On resource usage/Processing thread distribution is by default optimized for throughput.

- -11LUFS average (intergrated).You may see higher values depending the audio input details.
Best recommended option is to set the input device/software playback gain to 70%.
:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dumans HD v1.0
Finally got V1.0 out and working.

Changes made:
- Hybrid tonal tuning using EQ + Auto EQ,
and increased level in low end section.
- Fine tuning multiband-wideband section
- Added stereo boost
- Still working around -11lufs. (Could get it
louder but did not wanted hit those
clippers hard :D )

I hope you like it. Please send your feedback :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Dumans_HD_V1.1

Changes
- Fixed tonal response in bass and midrange section.
- Fixed AGC response.
- Increased output about -8LUFS, -1TP Max
- Some tweaks to MB section.

Always good to have your feedback and comments.

Updated Dumans_HD_V1.2

This one has more gain and several fixes in agc ,mb and eq section (specially low end).
Loudness is at -8LUFS and have lower the true peak limits not hit hard the encoders.

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.2.sts.zip [108.3 KiB]
Downloaded 397 times
Dumans_HD_V1.1.zip [107.45 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times
Dumans_HD_V1.0.sts.zip [105.6 KiB]
Downloaded 240 times

Last edited by Duman on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: (Updated) Dumans HD v1.3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:47 am 

Fine tuning previous versions
This one has slight boost in bass section and fixes in eq and compression
Also a slight output increase to post amp up to -0.5db output.

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.3.sts.zip [107.63 KiB]
Downloaded 257 times
tonal balance.png
tonal balance.png [ 18.81 KiB | Viewed 6704 times ]
lufs-tp.png
lufs-tp.png [ 48.39 KiB | Viewed 6704 times ]

Post subject: (Updated) Dumans HD v1.4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:04 am 

New Modified update.Still in working progress.Struggling between density and open sound.

* This one is louder (-7lufs).Of course clippers start working harder :D
* -0.5db protection is still there to post amp section.
* Increased modded bass output (lower frequencies)
* More gain in midrange and high frequency section.

You can listen the preset here https://zeno.fm/radio/ianthos-radio/

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.4_DENSE.sts.zip [108.27 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times
-7lufs.png
-7lufs.png [ 50.78 KiB | Viewed 6479 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:31 am 

Sounds really balanced and pleasant :)
I would use it as an everyday preset, but unfortunately it is a bit too resource heavy on my PC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:19 pm 

Quote:
Sounds really balanced and pleasant :)
I would use it as an everyday preset, but unfortunately it is a bit too resource heavy on my PC.
Thanks for the feedback.Regarding the high resource issue you can always tweak the cpu and latency
settings in app settings/resource usage menu to decrease load but it might sacrifice sound quality.
Btw the stream i provide in the previous post, is on a 1st gen intel i5-760 cpu (underclocked) and using about
30% of the resources :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:46 am 

Hello,

thank you for sharing your preset,

I just have a question,

how many LUFS should the input have for the processing to be correct?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Hello,

thank you for sharing your preset,

I just have a question,

how many LUFS should the input have for the processing to be correct?
Hi. The input loudness level can vary depending the audio source. For
example spotify and youtube has reference level to -14lufs. Some studio
engineers claiming that an average of -9lufs is the sweet spot between loudness and true peak.
Personally i would set my input between -14 to -9 lufs average,and thats why i use 80% volume level
of my playback software.But even if you don't tweak the audio input level,
then comes the ST AGC section to make audio levels constant.

Post subject: (Updated) Dumans HD v1.5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:19 pm 

Minor optimizations to this one.Added more low end,balanced mids and maximized the loudness
to -6.5lufs average. Try to get it as louder as possible without chopping frequencies and use
excessive compression. I would appreciate if someone could try this preset on FM broadcast in
comparison with the big hardware processor units. I've already test it in a cheap car FM bluetooth
adapter and sounds very balanced.

Attachments:
Dumans_HD_V1.5_DENSE.sts.zip [109.16 KiB]
Downloaded 289 times
-6.5lufs.png
-6.5lufs.png [ 127.93 KiB | Viewed 6081 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:21 pm 

Quote:
Minor optimizations to this one.Added more low end,balanced mids and maximized the loudness
to -6.5lufs average. Try to get it as louder as possible without chopping frequencies and use
excessive compression. I would appreciate if someone could try this preset on FM broadcast in
comparison with the big hardware processor units. I've already test it in a cheap car FM bluetooth

Hello Dumans.
I'm writing to you from Sarajevo, where the music is a little different than Oce je dence. Here at kalman radio, we play a lot of different types of music and we are very committed to Bosnian folk as well as sevdah, with the fact that we have from 12 to 117 pop/rock in our program schedule. According to the settings you made, it sounds the best for our Balkan music Dumans_HD_V1.2.sts.
In my opinion, the vocals here are a little lower when you listen to the singing, so you could perhaps adjust the vocals a bit so that they can be understood better. A little, as I hear on senheiser hd 400 pro headphones, the vocals need to be improved a bit. Dence is not for our Balkan music and this is still flat as you wrote in your settings. They could fix this preset if it wasn't dence, because dence honestly doesn't sound the best for Balkan folk/pop/rock.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:06 pm 

Hello Duman. Anyway, I found your update here and tried it and now I'm fascinated when I heard the setting Dumans_HD_V1.3.sts. It really sounds awesome. Wide, no too much pumping, this is great for me. I didn't notice this. This doesn't sound like folk music, but this setting Dumans_HD_V1.3.sts is great. I don't see any mistakes here that should be changed.
Quote:
Quote:

Hello Dumans.
I'm writing to you from Sarajevo, where the music is a little different than Oce je dence. Here at kalman radio, we play a lot of different types of music and we are very committed to Bosnian folk as well as sevdah, with the fact that we have from 12 to 117 pop/rock in our program schedule. According to the settings you made, it sounds the best for our Balkan music Dumans_HD_V1.2.sts.
In my opinion, the vocals here are a little lower when you listen to the singing, so you could perhaps adjust the vocals a bit so that they can be understood better. A little, as I hear on senheiser hd 400 pro headphones, the vocals need to be improved a bit. Dence is not for our Balkan music and this is still flat as you wrote in your settings. They could fix this preset if it wasn't dence, because dence honestly doesn't sound the best for Balkan folk/pop/rock.