All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Crystal Cascades
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:24 am 

This one's been a while in the making & with Han's adding new features, I've had to re-write a few things a number of times, but I'm finally happy with it (I think).

It's based on my City Dreams pre-set, but a great deal of it has been re-written, with major changes from Peak to RMS, gone to Feedback^2, I've taken everything out of legacy mode, & used all of the new features of 8.41, including parts still in experimental.

To run it you'll need 8.41 beta 053 with everything licensed, & plenty of CPU power.

Like City Dreams, it's well balanced across the audio spectrum, but with plenty of bass.

It has a mildly processed sound (enhanced natural, it can probably be described as).

It's loud but not overbearing, & I've been able to get quite a lot of dynamic range in it (depending how much is in the source material to start with).

It's a very clear/clean sound with a good depth (spacial) to it.

It should sound good on any sized speaker (ear bud headphones, bedside radio, computer, multi speaker HiFi stereo system with sub woofer, car radio, etc).

It's made for FM use, but should sound good web streaming too.

I've tried to give it a workout on many different styles of music, from latest top 40, to classical, & it seems to play nicely with all.

Please give it a workout & let me know if something doesn't sound quite right. With the major re-write, there might have been a setting I missed, or something that just needs a little more tweaking?

It's a full Export all settings file, import what you need.

Attachments:
Glenn Pritchard - Crystal Cascades 8.41.sts [113.06 KiB]
Downloaded 432 times

Post subject: Re: Crystal Cascades
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 am 

Turns out I wasn't totally happy with the first version.

This one's as above, but I've brightened it up.

I've bought the vocals out more for noisy environments, it's now more airy, with more clarity & sounds like you're part of the music, especially if you're using headphones.

Now I'm happy with it & hope you are too?

All feedback welcome, good, bad or indifferent.

This was finished off with the new release candidate beta, so it's called 8.50 ready for the full release.

Attachments:
Glenn Pritchard - Crystal Cascades 8.50.sts [113.02 KiB]
Downloaded 350 times

Post subject: Re: Crystal Cascades
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 am 

There was a bit of an issue with the AGC not playing nicely with the Auto EQ on some songs in the previous versions.

I couldn't get it right, so I've borrowed Wes's new AGC (thanks Wes), & made some other adjustments to suit it, now everything is happy working together & it sounds very smooth.

Attachments:
Glenn Pritchard - Crystal Cascades 8.50v5.sts [110.8 KiB]
Downloaded 479 times