8th Wonder.sts [84.68 KiB]
Downloaded 554 times
I've spent weeks trying to get the sound that I wanted out of the "7 wonders" preset, and finally came up with this. I've even posted my previous attempts, but then ended up deleting the messages, because I just couldn't come up with what I wanted. After tireless hours, I finally have something I like.
First off, this is for steaming radio only. There are no FM settings in this preset. I'm running an Internet streaming mainstream CHR station.
My goal was to get the benefit of the awesome bass multibands that Bojcha set up in 7 wonders, along with the awesome punch that you get from this preset. But what I was never able to achieve with the preset was the nice bright, softly glistening high end that I'm used to hearing from processed FM. I wanted that really smashed, soft, ever present highs in my signal.
Let me just say, that what Bojcha does with the Bass multiband in this preset is genius! It took me a while to figure out that he shapes the EQ with Multiband 1, and boosts the level with multiband 2. I don't know how he came up with this, but it is the "Punchiest" bass I've ever heard, if "Punchiest" can even be used as a word. If you ever mess with the "7 Wonders" preset, I encourage you to leave the first 3 bands in multiband 1 untouched, as well as band 1 in multiband 2. These are the secret of the awesome bass sound in 7 wonders.
Anyway, to achieve the highs that I wanted, here's what I did:
1) Added 2 more bands to multiband 1, making it 9 bands total, with specific high end bands of 9khz, 12khz, and 15khz.
2) Added 1 more band to multiband 2, so that the high final mix level could be controlled separately just like the bass.
3) Set up EQ similar to what Bojcha did with the bass bands.
4) Set the attack and release on the 2 high end bands in Multiband 1 to have fast release to "smash 'em good".
5) Flattened out all of the mix levels for the middle bands. I don't really like fooling with midrange EQ. The only thing that Bojcha had really boosted was the 5400hz range.
6) Turned on absolute highs for 10khz-18khz
7) In advanced clipper, activated the Sparkling Highs function, and added some "Dirty Highs".
8) Reset the Natural Dynamics to default. Didn't like the way it was set up for "7 Wonders". Way too much midrange punch. I did back the effect strength off from 1 to .50 . Setting to 1 seems too strong. Even .50 may be a little too strong.
Inviting you to listen and give me your honest opinion of the sound. All comments welcome. All suggestions for improvement welcome.