All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:03 am 

ive been working for a very long time in making a preset that simulates an FM classical station i listen to alot. ive read manuals of many diffrent brands of OPTIMOID processors, specificaly the 5500 which is typicaly used for classical stations and tried as best i can to replicate it.

My preset starts out at the auto EQ, to treat frequencys above 4000hz acting as the H.F enhancer found in OPTIMODS, AGC, multiband 1 as a compressor/limiter, multiband 2 as an HF limiter, to ensure high frequency content does not distort when clipped as preemphasis is used for FM, bass clipper and finaly the advandced clipper.

ive read the 5500's manual carefully and copied alot of the audio levels, timings, frequencys and crossover of the multibands and i did alot, i mean ALOT of exprementation to try to adjust the audio levels to replicate the audio quality of the station. ive used whatever i can in S.T to replicate the effect but still, better than nothing and certainly better than 90% of other presets i tried.

i use this preset not only for classical but also for talk, TV and general use. i am open for feedback, so feel free for opinions and improvements

UPDATE 12.5.19: V2 advalable. FINALY, like finaly we now have dual band AGC in stereotool. this preset comes with improvements but the biggest is the dual band AGC, just like the way modern optimods do it.

UPDATE 20.5.19: V3, improvements to the audio quality

Attachments:
FM V3.sts [153.15 KiB]
Downloaded 40 times
FM V2.sts [152 KiB]
Downloaded 63 times
fm.sts [150.24 KiB]
Downloaded 51 times