All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:06 pm 

After spending a year or more using Stereotool and another half studying various makes of audio porcessors, such as the optimod 5500, which has a very good outline of the various audio processing chain in the manual ive made a preset for processing audio for FM transmittion for classical music. this preset is also good for general use. this prestet is designed to give audio more energy without smearing any transients and to cleanly limit the audio for fm brodfcasting. ive uploaded a video on youtube showing stereotool processing audio and receiving the FM signal using an SDR software.

my preset uses an AGC moderately, 5 band multiband with its limiters acting as a very effective peak limiter, multiband 2 acting as an HF limiter to protect the advanced clipper against high frequency distrtion, which is the final limiter and just before that, a bass clipper, to ensure bass never reaches the final clipper and causing inntermodulation with higher frequencys.

in my opinion, this sounds very close to a classical station which uses the 5500. i listened to ALOT of audio from that station, problaly thousands or probaly tens of times that amount and thats how i made this preset sound close.

Looking foward to your feedback as i would like to improve it further

Attachments:
limiting processor.sts [151.05 KiB]
Downloaded 19 times

Last edited by ali6359 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:37 am, edited 38 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:49 am 

EDIT: refer to first post.

Last edited by ali6359 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ST preset
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm 

Quote:
I am intrested in a preset to process and limit audio for FM, without affecting dynamics and without any pumping or distortion.
This yours settings is totaly opposite.